Articleft | How to import MBOX files into Outlook? But don’t have any idea where to start from? Don’t worry, in this write-up, we have explained the most proficient technique to import files into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and prior versions.
There can be multiple reasons why a user wants to import the data. Among these reasons, the most prominent ones are the platform dependency on MBOX formats, MBOX file corruption, and switching to new email services.
MBOX is an email storage file format utilized for storing bulk email messages. This file format stores email messages in a complete folder in a single database file and all the new emails are attached to the end of the file. Therefore, it was originally produced for the Unix system. But now various mail services (both operational and non-operational) support this file extension such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora Mail, Entourage, Apple Mail, etc.
Microsoft Outlook offers a plethora of features that are widely used across both small-scale and large-scale organizations. When composing an email message, users can attach files of different file formats such as audio, video, documents, etc.
So, first, we talk about the user query and the challenges they are facing during the process. And, then, move towards the reasons!
“Hello, I am John, and for the past few days, I have been looking for a solution that allows me to import MBOX File to Outlook 2013. I have some Eudora mail files which I intend to view in the Outlook application on my new computer. So, can anyone please guide me on how to import those files into Outlook?”
“Hi, for emails that I need to send to my clients, I simply fetch and deliver them the MBOX files. However, some need the data in Outlook format, since they recently shifted to Microsoft Outlook. Now, I need to provide them with the relevant file. So, is there a way for me to import the MBOX file to Outlook 2019?”
Why Do Users Need to Convert MBOX Files to Outlook?
There are multiple reasons behind importing MBOX files into Outlook. The MBOX files cannot be accessed on Outlook even based on the Import features of Outlook. Therefore, they need to be converted into Outlook PST file format. There might be other several benefits that Outlook offers to its users.
- However, no internet connection is required to access previously downloaded emails, but in Outlook, you can work offline too.
- The MBOX files only sequentially incorporate email messages while Outlook can store emails, contacts details, journals, notes, calendar events, and much more.
- Mailbox data including all the components such as emails, attachments, contacts, notes, journals, calendar entries, etc. are stored in a very organized manner when saved in PST.
Now, let us make your task easy & simple to complete the process successfully. So, there are two methods to do so which are: the manual method as well as the automated solution (Experts Recommended).
How to Import MBOX Files into Outlook Manually?
This method requires the use of a Thunderbird and a new Gmail account. Once you have both, follow the steps given below to import files to Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019.
Important Note: Make the backup of your MBOX files before proceeding with the given solution to avoid data loss.
Rectify the Settings in the Gmail Account
- Firstly, Open Gmail.
- Now, first, click on the Gear button, then See all Settings
- After that, go to the Forwarding and Pop/IMAP tab
- Scroll down and tick the Enable IMAP option
- Then, click Save to save the changes made.
Configure a Gmail Account in Thunderbird
- Run the Thunderbird email client.
- Now, select and set up an existing email address
- Enter your name, email id, and password, then click Continue
- After that, select IMAP, and click Done
- Re-enter the credentials in the follow-up Google window
- Allow the permissions
- A Gmail account will appear on your email client.
Import the MBOX File to the Thunderbird
- Launch the ImportExportTools NG add-on.
- Then, go to Local Folders, and right-click on it
- Now, Select ImportExportTools NG | Import MBOX file
- Proceed to select and import the file that you want to import into Outlook
Move Data from MBOX to Gmail Account:
- Firstly, Open the MBOX folder.
- Select the emails, right-click Copy to and select the new Gmail account
- Proceed to copy the emails to this new account
- Let the process complete.
Add Gmail to Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Configure the same Gmail account here
- Finally, Let the email synchronize.
With this, you have now viewed all MBOX files in the Outlook application. In some courses, it will take a lot of time to complete but it’s free and that matters. If you are in a hurry or the manual methods are not a good fit since your data is too important to take a risk, You can go for the automated solution which is easier than the manual method. So, in the below section we will discuss the same!
Professional Solution to Import MBOX Files Into Outlook
MBOX File to PST Converter Software is one of the best-suited methods to import MBOX files to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and below versions without any risk of data loss. It supports the identification of email applications, which are supporting MBOX files.
Therefore, an MBOX file of any email client like Entourage, Thunderbird, Mutt Mail, Apple Mail, etc., is easily supported by an MBOX converter. The utility is independent software, which conveniently converts multiple MBOX to PST files in a couple of clicks.
And, both technical and non-technical users can easily do their conversion process without facing any hassle. Now, let us move towards its working steps in the below section.
Working Process Explained of the Tool
Follow the steps below to complete the entire process in an easy & simple manner using automated tools to import MBOX files into Outlook easily. Let’s take a look!
- Launch and install the software on your Windows machine & click ‘Add File’
- Now, Import the MBOX file(s) you want to convert
- View a free preview of MBOX emails
- Finally, select ‘PST’ and click the ‘Export’ button.
In this blog, you will find all the possible solutions to Import MBOX files into Outlook without facing any trouble. There are two methods which are manual methods & automated solutions for an easy process. We suggest you use the automated solution which helps you to fulfill all your tasks for importing multiple MBOX files into Outlook 2013, 2106, and 2019.
On the other hand, the manual method is easy but cannot allow users to batch imported MBOX files to Outlook. Read more for choosing the best solution.