Hair loss is a frequent problem faced by everyone, from adults to teenagers. While hair loss is usual among adults, it is not an ordinary occurrence in teenagers as the vitality of hair growth is quite steady during this age. However, there is the probability of a teenager experiencing hair fall due to fundamental medical conditions or various external conditions.
Hair loss is a condition where certain factors stop the growth of hair, or there is an increase in shedding or breakage. If you become aware that you are shedding more than normal. Then it is advised to go to a dermatologist. Who can find the root cause and suggest the right treatment for your hair loss problem? We bring the best hair clinic in Hyderabad and offer the best treatments for hair loss and hair transplantation.
Below are some of the crucial causes of hair loss in teenage males:
- Improper diet – Having an unhealthy diet can be a vital cause of teenage hair fall, which leads to the weakening of the hair roots due to the lack of a proper diet.
- Ringworm of the scalp – which is otherwise called ‘ tinea capitis ‘ is a fungal infection that occurs on the scalp, which can start patchy hair loss if not handled in time.
- Alopecia Areata – There are observations where teens can suffer from alopecia areata, which causes patchy and rapid hair loss. Approximately 20% of people found are 16 years of age.
- Medical conditions – Nowadays, few teenagers have medical conditions like Diabetes, thyroid, lupus, etc., medical which can cause hair loss. However, these medical conditions do not usually happen in teenagers.
- Trichotillomania – This is an infrequent psychological condition where a person has an irresistible urge to pull their hair. This triggers bald patches on the scalp. This condition is more common in girls than boys, although a few boys also have it.
- Traction Alopecia – This is a problem that causes hair to fall when your hair is forced to pull in a particular direction for an exceptionally long time. Pulling up your hair in tight ponytails all the time is one such major cause.
- Androgenetic Alopecia – This is a male baldness pattern; it is a condition that results in moderate and permanent hair loss from the scalp. In a few cases, this condition can also start in their teenage years. However, it is not a common cause, with just 16% of the boys aged between 15-17 years getting affected by it.
- Medicines/Drugs –Few medical drugs have side effects- such as cancer drugs, vitamin A derivatives, antiepileptic drugs, etc., as these medicines have amphetamines that originate hair loss in teens. However, these diseases are not seen in boys.
- Hair Styling and Products – Using hair styling products can trigger hair loss as they have harsh chemicals in them, which may be dangerous for hair.
- Stress – Often, teenagers go through physical or emotional stress which can be a major cause of hair loss.
- Dandruff – In many cases, dandruff can be a vital reason for hair fall conditions. Sometimes infections also combine with dandruff, which can increase hair loss.
Common Causes of Hair fall in Female Teenagers
There are several causes of hair loss in teenage females, such as:
- Hormonal imbalance – Hormonal imbalance is quite a common issue for many girls due to puberty issues and PCOS, which triggers immense bodily changes, and some girls may get hair loss issues too.
- Medicines/drugs – Drugs like oral retinoids for acne, contraceptive pills, etc., can also cause hair fall in many girls because many drugs may not be suitable for their bodies.
- Over styling – Hairstyling tools that cause too much pressure on hair strands result in hair loss. Chemicals such as Para phenylene diamine (PPD) or ammonia present in hair dyes have an unfavorable effect on the hair. They can cause allergic dermatitis of the scalp, which leads to hair fall issues.
- Improper diet – The lack of a nutritious diet also affects the strength of your hair. Eating a healthy diet with all the necessary nutrients is important for health and wellness and, in turn, prevents hair loss.
- Natural conditions – Pollution, over-exposure to the sun, the lack of moisture during extreme seasons, etc., can also play a significant role in hair loss in teenage girls.
Hair loss treatments:
We provide you with the best hair fall treatments considering your issues and having a proper test. Whether the treatment suits you or else we also suggest medical prescriptions. If you have just small issues and following are the treatments we offer.
PRP: Platelet-rich plasma:
is a non-infectious and therapeutic treatment for hair re-growth and restoration naturally. It is considered to have been one of the safest. Most successful treatments are available for various kinds of hair loss.
It is the treatment done for hair loss occurred due to alopecia which results in thinning of hair and baldness.
Low-level laser therapy:
The US-FDA approves LLLT for people suffering from hereditary hair loss. This treatment improves hair density; it is a non-invasive and painless procedure.
We are the best-known hair clinic in Hyderabad. which majorly focuses on client satisfaction. Helps in regaining confidence after treatment. We also offer the best hair transplantation treatments, which you will never regret.