What technical skills are needed to be a Java Full Stack Developer?
To be proficient in Java Full Stack development, you need to be skillful in core Java skills with Java 8 features also referred to as Java Functional Programming.
- Java Build Tools: Maven, Gradle
- Another skill is- Integrated Development Environments (IDE): Spring Tool Suite, IntelliJ IDEA
- Databases without SQL: Redis, RavenDB, Apache Cassandra, and MongoDB
- Relational Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL Server,
- Cloud Databases: DynamoDB, Cosmos DB
- Build DAO/Repository Layers: Spring Data JPA, JPA/Hibernate
- Build REST APIs: RestEasy framework, Sprint Boot, Jersey REST framework,
- Secure REST APIs Using Spring Security: Authentication, JWT, Role-based authorization
Which soft skills should be possessed by a Java Full Stack Developer?
A full-stack developer needs to have some basic soft skills as well, which are-
- Creativity – The developer must acknowledge the project’s objectivity and must create a product that engrosses the target audience.
- Strategic planning – Planning is the most important phase in any development life-cycle. The developer should have the insight to plan the design, development, and implementation phases strategically. This helps in streamlining the process.
- Analytical skills – Along with other skills, analytical skills help analyze information accurately and make logical, data-driven decisions that help in enhancing efficiency. So, these are skills that one develops when they’re exposed to them.
- Problem-solving skills– It is very crucial to forecast any errors and develop a bug-free application. Therefore, problem-solving skills play an important role in ensuring the smooth conduction of tasks.
- Time management skills – The developer must be able to work within the time limit while ensuring the proper execution of his tasks.
How much is the average salary of a Java Full Stack Developer?
As a Java full-stack developer, you can apply for many great job positions. However, your salary will depend on a lot of factors -like your work experience, technical skill set, professional credentials, etc. On average, a Java Full Stack Developer earns a salary of about ₹7 to 8 LPA.
What kind of roles and responsibilities does a Full Stack Developer take up?
- Design the backend of the application – A java Full Stack developer should build a robust backend architecture to fetch data from the servers.
- Ensuring Cross Platform compatibility – A Java Full Stack developer has to ensure that applications run smoothly on all operating systems like Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- API development – Depending on the application architecture, the developer is accountable for API creation. These APIs perform necessary tasks like extracting data from the server.
- Meet all technical and consumer requirements – The developer must know how to build responsive applications that cater to customer requirements and keep them engaged.
In conclusion, we have outlined the skills required for a Java full-stack developer. Along with this, we have also highlighted the roadmap to becoming a full-stack developer. And the average salary scale of a Java full-stack developer in India. Therefore, it is evident that this is an in-demand and promising career option for developers. To learn this, you can enroll in Java Full Stack Developer Online Training. To hone these skills, you can opt for an online training course and get yourself certified in this domain. Thus, an online training course gives you flexibility in learning hours and mode of learning. All you need is a passion for learning and a desire to reach the pinnacle of your developing career!