Have you recently come across the weird QuickBooks error, specifically QuickBooks error 3371 “Quickbooks could not read license data? If your answer is yes, then this may be due to missing or corrupted file.”
Why take QuickBooks error 3371 seriously?
Is not just you. And this headache seems to have plagued users of accounting software for years. In addition to the edge of the QuickBooks Desktop, the technical bottleneck in the QuickBooks error 3371 type cannot be prevented from being caused by external problems.
To fix error code 3371, it is important to understand the problem and its cause before you start troubleshooting.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371, status Code 11118?
Once the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ECML gets broken, which consists of the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop, the user comes under a higher probability of getting QuickBooks error 3371.
The QuickBooks error message reflects an exceedingly window and once the user using the accounting tool clicks OK, another box comes up. File corruption is due to improperly packaged PC when computer code is open for several reasons. As a result, QuickBooks does not modify the license properties each time QuickBooks is opened, and “Error 3371 Standing Code 11118” is immediately displayed on the screen.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 3371?
QuickBooks error 3371 may also be due to several issues. This can be an additional harmful factor, as the message on the
- The screen also indicates that QuickBooks error 3371 cannot load the license knowledge. This can lead to missing or corrupted files. QuickBooks will try to scan the malicious QBregistration.dat every time it launches.
- You are required to troubleshoot the broken MSXML element. This is because it relates to the Windows package that is needed to run QuickBooks Desktop computer code. Some system protection measures, such as computer programs, also block QuickBooks Desktop and stop working on the critical Windows components required for QuickBooks.
- Windows Updates that quit or fail prematurely do not keep parts of Windows up to date and are required by QuickBooks.
- Old windows cause many problems with QuickBooks desktops. Some of the common ones may be “Crashcom error in QuickBooks Desktop.” QuickBooks has stopped working; “QuickBooks has stopped working properly due to entanglement.
- Problems printing, emailing, or saving as PDF from QuickBooks Desktop. You lose ownership of your QuickBooks files.
- QuickBooks Desktop performance issues.
Points to consider before troubleshooting QuickBooks error 3371
First of all, it is important to make sure that you have updated to the latest version of Windows. If you continue to receive error 3371, you may have a corrupted Windows package.
QuickBooks Error 3371 solution
Solution 1: Delete the ECML file
- Initially, you require to press Windows + R
- Enter this path C: ProgramDataintuitEntitlementClientv8 in the window.
- Open Windows at the above address. And delete the ECML file.
- Now Close the window. Eventually, you’ll need to run QuickBooks to re-register the item. “
Solution 2: Update the Windows package
- The primary process is to click the start button.
- Then select All Programs and click Windows Update. Then click Check for Updates.
- Next, you need to reinstall and update the QB Desktop.
Solution 3: Install the latest Windows Update
- First, apply the latest updates to Windows.
- Then select All Programs and click Windows Update.
Solution 4: Rename the claims file
For Windows XP users
- First, click the Start button
- Select “Run” option.
- Now, enter the following path to find the Claim DataStore.ecml file “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplicationDataIntuitEntitlementClientv2”.
- Click OK.
- You can now rename the DataStore.ECML claims file.
For Windows seven users
- Firstly, move to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement
- Next, you are required to rename the claim file.
- Once you begin to use QuickBooks, it`ll produce a replacement file for you.
If the issue knowledge folder isn`t visible, follow the steps given below to unhide it:
- Follow the trail pc
- Then select organize
- Further select Folder
- Find the search choices
- Ultimately, click on Hidden Files and Folders.
Finally, you require to open QuickBooks to envision and find if the QuickBooks error 3381 is resolved or not.
QuickBooks error 3371 Code 11118 can occur if the entitlementDataStore.ECML file containing the license properties is corrupted due to a crash COM error or some other reason. Resolve the issue by changing the Windows system, renaming the claims file, and installing a new Windows Update.
Hope this blog helps you fix QuickBooks error 3371. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please make use of QuickBooks Payroll Support for the quickest assistance provided by an expert professional. This way you will be able to get rid of the hindrance with minimal effort.
Source URL – https://selfieoo.com/read-blog/66352