The Exchange is an on-premise Server that is used by the business owner for collaboration on work. In it, the Public Folder is created to provide shared access to the employees. So, when the admin likes to shift from Exchange to Office 365 is essentially needed to migrate Public Folders to Office 365 mailboxes. However, the task is near impossible if one tries the manual method to perform it. But there are no worries as much third-party Exchange to Office 365 Migration tools are available for the purpose.
“Here in this article, the discussion will be on the various methods to migrate Public Folders to Office 365. Go through the article thoroughly to get acquainted with the related information.”
How to Proceed for Public Folders Migration to Office 365
There is plenty of ways for migrating Exchange Public Folders to Office 365. The possible ways can be listed with two terms, the manual way, and the third-party tools. Out of these two categories, the manual method is an old way to migrate Public Folders to Office 365. Additionally, it fails in various aspects, which ultimately could lead to data loss. Moreover, the professionals who are well-known migration experts also don’t recommend the manual method.
Few Disadvantages of the Manual Method
- The method is full of cmdlets that go totally against the practicable migration.
- No Incremental Migration kind of functionality is available that could resume interrupted migrations.
- Proceeding manually, users need to go through the complex and cumbersome method to migrate Public Folders to Office 365.
- The process consumes an unpredictable amount of time for the users, which could affect their business badly.
Finest Way for Migrating Public Folders to Office 365
The professional tools are the best way for the Public Folders migration. But it remains a challenging job to search for one genuine tool in the market. Contrarily the same will not be the case here as the Shoviv Exchange to Office 365 Migration tool is the robust solution. to migrate Public Folders to Office 365. It contains a simple interface to migrate Public Folders to Office 365 easily with the desired accuracy. Moreover, the Shoviv tool inherits basic to advanced features that contribute to effective migration.
Download, install and open the Shoviv tool to follow the listed below steps.
Phase1: Add Exchange Public Folders.
- Step1:Click on Add Source icon from the dashboard.
- Step2:A wizard will appear, click on Exchange Server Mailboxes, enter the credentials, and proceed.
- Step3:Tick Public Folder mailboxes and hit Finish.
Phase2: Export the Added Mailboxes.
- Step4: Now hit on Office 365 option on the ribbon bar, check-uncheck sub-folders, and click Next.
- Step5: Click on “Fetch all mailboxes from Office 365”, enter the credentials, and go further.
- Step6: Execute mailbox mapping and validate target Office 365 mailbox if needed.
- Step7: Use Filters and Advanced options suitably, and tap Next.
- Step8: The migration progress will start; hit Finish when it ends.
(After the process completion, the Save Report button gets active, users can click on it for saving process progress.)
Reasons for Using Shoviv Exchange to Office 365 Migration Tool
- It facilitates users to add multiple and large mailboxes in a single row.
- The tool makes it smooth to migrate Public folders to Office 365 with its easy-to-use interface and functions.
- An Incremental Export feature of the tool helps users in resuming the interrupted process from where it was left off.
- Filters of the tool are based on message class and date to let users only migrate the desired items.
- The folder Mapping option facilitates users to get the required accuracy in migration.
- The email Translation helps in rectifying the canonical email addresses.
The manual method that is available for the Public Folders migration is based on commands. Moreover, it is a long and cumbersome way in executing and could affect the business by consuming lots of time and effort of the users. However, the automated Shoviv Exchange to Office 365 Migration tool is a one-stop solution to migrate Public Folders to Office 365. Additionally, users can also use the tool in a FREE demo version before investing in it.