An error message can show up on your screen stating, “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working” when QuickBooks stops suddenly. Some other Windows generated error messages can also appear on your screen; however, they all mean the same. When you attempt to reopen QuickBooks, you are faced with the same error message. Sometimes you might not even get an error message, and Windows can start freezing. This blog will cover the essential steps you can take to fix this error message.
If the measures discussed in this blog are not enough, you better get in touch with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.855.738.2784
Know The Reasons For Why Does Your QuickBooks Not Open?
No doubt, this error message is frustrating, and on top of that, there’s nothing much that you can do. However, being patient and recognizing the causes can go a long way in fixing this error message. Read the reasons stated below:
- INI file is missing from Windows or damaged.
- QuickBooks is not installed correctly on Windows.
- Windows operating files are damaged.
- QuickBooks company file name has more characters than the allowed limit.
If these points are clear to you, move to the next section that covers the solutions you can undertake.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File
Methods To Undertake When QuickBooks POS Freezes
If you recognize the reason for your error message correctly, you can try the solutions that are discussed in this section. A single or a combination of steps can resolve your error message easily, depending on the reasons. Now, execute the measures performed below.
Method 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Download and access the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve this error message correctly. Execute the steps performed below:
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, choose Desktop to save the file.
- Close every running application on Windows before you initiate the tool.
- Double-click on the setup and execute the instructions.
- It can take up to twenty five minutes to repair the damage of the installation.
- Once the fixing is done, restart your system and open QuickBooks one more time.
If the error message persists, better try the next solution stated below.
Method 2: Fix Bad Sectors On Hard Disk
Make sure to scan and fix the bad sectors on the hard disk to resolve this error message easily. Perform the steps taken below:
- First, open Windows File Manager and right-click the C drive.
- Select Properties and in the Tools tab, click on Check Now.
- Now, choose Automatically Fix File System Errors and Scan For And Attempt Recovery Of Bad Sectors.
- Click on Start and wait until the Windows finishes the complete scan and repair process.
Whenever your QuickBooks has stopped working, try to stay calm and focus on what could’ve caused this error message. If know the correct reason, try and execute the steps correctly. Your error notice will vanish in no time if you keep these things in mind.
If you still have any doubts, it’s best you contact professional team of QuickBooks at 1.855.738.2784
Read also : QuickBooks Outlook is not Responding