The QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036 is an update error, as the name implies. This error occurs when the user is unable to verify their payroll subscription. It also occurs when you attempt to update the tax table in your system to the most recent release and anything goes wrong.
It is a common payroll error like QuickBooks errors ps033, and ps032. This error appears in QuickBooks payroll all the time because various factors can cause this error in the application. When you encounter this error, you will be unable to update your payroll to the most recent assessment table.
Reasons For the Quickbooks Payroll Error ps036
- When the payroll subscription expires or becomes invalid.
- With a hidden direct deposit understanding, several payroll arrangements are dynamic.
- When the QuickBooks application file Paysub.ini is corrupted or damaged.
- When there is a problem with the QuickBooks company file.
- Segments are not updated because of your QuickBooks program or the supporting windows.
- The Service key you’re using is invalid.
- If your company file’s PSID is inaccurate.
- If the version of QuickBooks Desktop you are using is not supported by the Windows you are using.
- An invalid EIN Number is another reason for this error to occur.
Effects of Quickbooks Payroll Update Error ps036
- In order to activate an inactive payroll subscription, you must purchase the subscription service from Intuit.
- One of the immediate consequences of the problem is that your active window crashes the moment the fault occurs. Another adverse effect of the QuickBooks update problem PS036 is slow performance.
- Due to the ramifications of the error, you may need to reinstall the entire software at times. You may also lose some important credentials during this process.
Resolve Quickbooks Payroll Update Error ps036
Step 1- Check Quickbooks Payroll Subscription
- Install the latest QuickBooks Desktop application as well as the Tax Table release.
- Log in to your Payroll Service Account in QuickBooks.
- Navigate to Employee, My Payroll Services, and Account or Billing Info.
- Click Sign In after entering your credentials for login.
- Then restart your computer and wait for the updates to download.
- Now, launch QuickBooks and check to see if your problem has been resolved.
- If you are attempting to deposit, direct checks for the company, do not follow the investigation steps outlined below in this article.
Step 2- Rename the Paysub.ini file
- In Windows, it is a secret file; to view it, we must first adjust the settings of the Windows folder options.
- Choose My Computer and then click Organize.
- Select the View tab after clicking the Folder and Search Option.
- Now, pick Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers from the Hidden Files and Folders menu.
- Click OK after selecting Apply.
- Return to My Computer and look for the Paystub in the search bar at the top.
- When you find the Paysub.ini file, right-click on it and choose Rename.
- Now, change the file extension from.ini to. old.
- Repeat these instructions for each Paystub file discovered.
These are the two steps for resolving QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036, and if you find these troubleshooting steps complex or want an expert to walk you through the process, you can seek the advice of QuickBooks support.