How to plan a trip to Haridwar and Rishikesh?
If you are a seeker of a quick spiritual uplift, then visit Haridwar and Rishikesh. These two places will help you in attaining spiritual enlightenment. There are also some great tourist spots that you can visit while in these two places. Rishikesh or Haridwar? Both these places have great tourist spots and are great options to go for spiritual enlightenment as well as for providing a refreshing treat to your mind and soul. Rishikesh is the best place because along with accommodation and more. here you can do every activity to recharge your body, mind and soul inside the rishikesh hotels & resorts.
Steps to follow if planning a trip to Haridwar and Rishikesh
- The first step to reach the destination is to book the flight / train or bus ticket. Whatever you feel is convenient for you. Once in Haridwar or Rishikesh either place. You can travel to other places through local bus, cab or auto as the distance is just 25km between the two cities.
- The second step is to book an accommodation; whether it is a hotel/ guest house/ hostel or camps. Depending upon where you would like to stay.
- The third step is to book the tickets for the city tour or you can explore the cities on your own.
Places of tourist attractions in Haridwar.
Once you have reached Haridwar, you can plan day 1 and day 2 of your trip at Haridwar.
On day 1 of your trip, you can visit:
- Chandi Devi temple – Neel Parwat is a holy place for the Hindus and the main attraction for the visit here is the Chandi Devi temple. This temple is situated at the top of Neel Part. The temple is located on the top of the hill and the main attraction of this temple are the beautiful views of the surrounding valleys.
- Mansa Devi temple – This temple is located at the top of Bilwa Parwat (mountain). The temple is built on a small hill and is surrounded by a dense forest. The temple is famous for its rich history and its beauty.
- Sapt Rishi Ashram – This Ashram is located at the banks of the Ganges. The significance is that the seven sages meditated here. It is said that the rishis were able to see and hear everything that was happening in the world and they could see the future.
- Bara Bazaar – The markets of Haridwar are known for their variety of shops selling religious and traditional items. From the Bara Bazar in Haridwar, you will find a wide range of products available which you can purchase for a nominal price.
On Day 2 of your trip, one can visit to places such as:
- Crystal world – Crystal World is located near the Harsil River in Haridwar. It is a small amusement park with many different rides. Many people come here to enjoy their day and spend the day with their family and friends.
- Har ki Pauri – This site is a very holy place in Haridwar. It is also a famous landmark in Haridwar. It is a place where people take bath in the holy river Ganges. Moreover, this sacred place is also known as Brahma Kund.
Places of tourist attractions in Rishikesh
After 2 days at Haridwar, you can plan your travel to Rishikesh- the yoga capital of the world. The city looks beautiful at night when both the jhulas are lightened up with the lights.
On Day 3 of your trip you can visit:
- Laxman jhula – The bridge was built in the 12th century by Maharaja Laxman Jhula, who was then the ruler of Hrishikesh and who was also the first person to cross the bridge. It has a twin bridge named ram jhula.
- Beatles Ashram – In the late 1960s, a group of young men and women traveled to the Himalayas to undergo spiritual and physical purification. The name of the group was Beatles and therefore the name Beatles Ashram.
- Swarg Ashram – The Swarg Ashram in Rishikesh is a divine zone of various religious activities. The Swarg Ashram is located on the banks of the Ganges River.
- Tera manzil temple – This place is more than just a temple. It’s a place where you can go to escape from the world, connect with nature and have a feeling of spirituality.
On Day 4 of your trip you can visit:
- Triveni Ghat – At this ghat, you can experience for yourself purity and peace after the divine Ganga Aarti.
- Neer Garh waterfall – It is a 1 km trek if you wish to see this waterfall. It is a sight that will soothe your eyes with all the greeneries around you and the cool water.
- Shivpuri – If you are a person who loves adventure then this is the place for you. It is a place near Rishikesh which is known for white river water rafting.
On the 5th day when you return, try to book your tickets for the night as you can go for adventure activities to Kaudiyala if one is interested in adventure and wants to experience the adrenaline rush.
You may also like: Top Rated Travel Destinations For The Music Lovers.