The QuickBooks error H202 strikes when you make an attempt to switch your data file in multi-user mode. It triggers with the following alert message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. As the company file error can stop you from fetching data from the company file, let us look into this matter in more detail. As you go through the blog, you will acquire info about the error’s cause and a few troubleshooting methods.
Can you not find a way to resolve the QuickBooks data file error H202? Don’t worry! Reach out to the team of certified experts through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784
What Provokes the QuickBooks Desktop Company File Error H202?
To understand the reasons that give rise to such an error, focus on the explanation given below-
- Check for the Windows firewall settings as you might not have added a firewall exception for QuickBooks installed on your computer.
- If the QuickBooks services are not running on the host computer, you might come across the issue.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error the file exists
How Can You Rectify the Data File Error Code H202 in QuickBooks?
Performing the following troubleshooting process will surely help you eliminate the problem successfully. Ensure to follow each step appropriately-
SOLUTION 1: Assign Windows Firewall Exception for Your QuickBooks Application
- From the Windows ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search box provided.
- The firewall screen appears in which you must choose ‘Advanced Settings’.
- After right-clicking on ‘Inbound Rules’, hit ‘New Rule’.
- In the next step, you require to choose ‘Port’ and proceed by hitting the ‘Next’ button.
- Among the TCP and UDP options, you must mark ‘TCP’.
- Now, type in the port number in the Specific local ports field.
- To move ahead, tap ‘Next’ and choose ‘Allow the Connection’.
- Again, click on the ‘Next’ button to mark every profile displayed.
- You must tap ‘Next’ to create and name a rule.
- Complete the process by hitting the ‘Finish’ button.
SOLUTION 2: Validate the QuickBooks Services on the Host Computer
- Access the Run dialog box and enter ‘services.msc’ on the server.
- Hit the ‘OK’ button, and then from the following window, search for ‘QuickBooksDBXX’.
- After you locate it, double-click on it and set the Startup type as ‘Automatic’.
- If you see that the Service status is not running, choose ‘Start’.
- Next, shift to the ‘Recovery’ tab
- Further, move the cursor to the following drop-down arrows- First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures from ‘Restart the Service’.
- You are required to confirm the action by selecting the ‘Apply’ button and then ‘OK’.
- Go through these similar instructions for QBCFMonitorService.
- Once you perform all these steps, run the QuickBooks Desktop on every workstation.
- Visit the ‘File’ menu and opt for the ‘Switch to Multi-user Mode’ option.
We have attempted our best to convey to you all the valuable information about the QuickBooks error H202. If you feel the need for any additional detail except for what has been mentioned in this article, feel free to have a direct consultation with one of the experienced professionals at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 . Our experts will guide you well and help resolve the issue within no time.
You may read also : QuickBooks Tool Hub 2021