Most webmasters do not understand why it is necessary to audit the site. They don’t know that building a website is just one step. And its promotion is a colossal work, which is designed to popularize the Internet resource. To conduct an audit, it is not enough just to know SEO on the surface. Minimal knowledge does not allow to achieve results. It is impossible to raise the site in positions without having special skills and knowledge.
SEO audit service is the analysis of the site for compliance with the requirements of search engines. In other words, with the help of a site audit, we can understand what errors prevent us from moving quickly in search engines.
The fact is that thousands of sites on similar topics have found their place on the Internet, and each of them is fighting for a place in the sun. Many projects are promoted with the help of a whole team, which includes professional optimizers who are able to draw up a clear algorithm of actions. To do this, there is such a thing as a site audit.
Who need a site audit?
This procedure is applicable to everyone who has their own Internet resource, which is not very popular. Although the sites that occupy a leading position in search results also resort to an audit for prevention purposes.
Stages when a site audit is required:
- During revision.
- Before preparing for promotion.
- In the process of unwinding.
Thus, we can say that a site audit is a necessity for everyone who wants to increase conversion and traffic on a personal site.
Types of side audit
There are several types of site audits – these are:
- technical (identifying problem areas of the site);
- content analysis;
- usability analysis;
- Checking and preparing landing pages.
Search audit is based on the optimization of an Internet resource, taking into account the requirements of search engines. This includes checking for the presence and customization of robots.txt and sitemap.xml, duplicate pages, parsing URLs for web pages along with finding outgoing URLs.
Link mass, project registration on popular third-party resources, search and configuration of mirror sites are also very important. In this case, tips on the use of micro-markup and incoming traffic counters are taken into account.
Technical audit is based on the analysis of software features of the site and includes several important points
- Analysis of page loading speed.
- Validation of HTML.
- Checking adaptability for different screens.
- Checking for adequate display in various browsers.
- Analysis of the performance of the navigation system on the Internet resource.
- Checking the functionality of buttons directing to social networks.
- Search for broken URLs.
- Making a country with a 404 error.
- Setting content copy protection.
Content analysis is one of the most important points. Even the coolest site will not get promoted without unique and interesting content.
- a photo;
Video content is the most popular. It is followed by photo content, and after it is text content. The least popular is audio content, which, due to its specificity, is not applicable in any case.
So, content audit consists of the following points
- Checking the relevance of meta tags, namely title and description.
- Checking for H1, H2 headers, etc.
- The usefulness and uniqueness of the content of the site.
- Article design according to SEO.
- Optimization of text content for key phrases.
- Creation of diluted content (photos, videos, etc.)
- The presence of linking in the text.
- Creation of title and text description of photo and video content.
Website usability analysis is a check of an Internet resource for user-friendliness. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the laziness of the average user and provide for the most comfortable conditions for using the site, menu, search, switching between pages/products/services, etc.
Here you need to make sure that the site meets the following points
- The interface should be intuitive.
- The design of the site is made taking into account modern requirements. It’s friendly and doesn’t put you off browsing.
- It is necessary to use pleasant fonts, adequate colors and backgrounds, not distinguished by annoying inserts and other components.
- A good website adapts to any device and is equally adequately displayed on a PC, tablets, smartphones, etc.
- Building pages using the Breadcrumbs method. This is a system that simplifies the use of the site.
- The absence of large registration forms, the possibility of placing orders without registration and a simplified feedback order are a huge plus for the Internet resource.
Checking and preparing landing pages involves choosing the best ways to create or change all or some of the title, description tags, and page titles. This will increase the effectiveness of pages for search robots.
To sum up
Any of the types of audit that were listed earlier can significantly increase the relevance of the site as a whole. Each of the points will allow you to slightly or significantly increase the position of the Internet resource.
Source of information: easyseo.pro