For the most part, 2020 was a rollercoaster ride of a year. As the COVID-19 pandemic took over the world, people were forced to stay indoors and isolate themselves. A year later, although the situation has improved, we are not completely out of the woods yet. On the bright side, many of us, especially web designers, have used the time to hone their skills and come up with exciting new ideas. If you are part of this ever-changing and ever-evolving industry, you must keep yourself up to date with the top website design Windsor trends for 2022.
1. Horizontal scrolling
Perhaps, one of the most unique and creative web designing trends in 2022 is horizontal scrolling. Although it was traditionally regarded as a website design Windsor faux-pas, horizontal scrolling is making a comeback. More and more designers are experimenting with it, and they don’t do it just to be different. There is a practical element to it as well. Horizontal scrolling provides a easier way to reveal secondary information in a progressive manner, the kind you would find in an image gallery. If you are planning to use horizontal scrolling, make sure to keep the following tips in mind:
- Avoid using it for texts that require thorough reading.
- Be mindful about what type of content would work best with horizontal scrolling. A photo gallery is an ideal choice.
- Make sure you add clear visual cues that indicate where horizontal scroll has been used.
- Do not force the users to navigate through horizontal content. Give them other navigation options such as arrow buttons.
2. Multimedia experiences
Most web users today have access to fast internet connections. That is why the top web development company in Ontario and many renowned brands are now incorporating multimedia experiences into their websites. You can do the same by combining texts, visuals, audio, and video to create a rich and vibrant user experience. Here are a few things you need to remember when creating multimedia experiences:
- Instead of auto playing motion content or video, you should add a clear “play” button. This way, the users have the freedom to play or pause the content.
- Do not render texts inside images. Add them using HTML.
- Add transcripts and closed captioning to all pre-recorded media.
- Use long and descriptive text for complex images and Add alt text to images.
- Maximize accessibility to content by using various media formats mindfully.
- When combining audio and motion, make sure to keep it simple. Simplicity is key here. Too much commotion can be overwhelming and distracting to people who have cognitive disorders.
3. Muted colors
If you have never played around with muted colors before, this is the time. Subdued colors can give your designs a more natural feel. You can use a light color palette with blocks of dark green. This will create a distinct contrast. Muted colors can also create a perfect backdrop to hand-drawn style of illustrations and texts. By creating a subtle distortion of light and dark backgrounds, you can make the website design Windsor feel alive and exciting.
Scrollytelling is all about using web experiences to tell stories. It is the visual storytelling that hooks users into the narrative. Scrollytelling can help you transform a long story into an interactive experience. Here, audio and visual content is used to communicate a message that would be hard to express in words alone. To use scrollytelling effectively, you must:
- Make sure that all scrollytelling elements emphasize the story and not distract the audience from important text.
- Give the audience playback controls by adding play, pause, and stop buttons.
- Keep motion contained within a small area.
5. Custom cursors
Cursors are possibly among the most overlooked aspects of website design. Most designers are happy with the plain old arrow. However, when you can turn this seemingly insignificant part of the website into something cool, it counts as quite an achievement. The best part is that you can be really creative with the cursor. Some websites go for a off-the-wall bold and black cursor. You can even experiment with circular cursors and combine that with text and animation to create a psychedelic effect.
6. Parallax scroll animations
It’s not a new trend. Parallax scroll animations have been around for years, and we can expect to see more of it in 2022 as well. The best part is that designers can get more subtle and creative in how they explore this feature. For instance, chaotic parallax effects can be problematic to people who suffer from vestibular disorders. That is because the illusion of movement and depth can cause dizziness and disorientation. If you want to use parallax scroll animations for their popularity as one of the top web designing trends, make sure to keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep the parallax effects constrained within a small section of the screen.
- Provide the option to turn parallax effects off.
- Do not overuse the effects. Keep them at a minimum.
- Make sure the effects do not distract the users from important information.
7. Retro fonts
Retro fonts are making a comeback as one of the web designing trends in 2022. The popularity of vintage typography has gone through a process of ebb and flow. If you are worried about it not working out, remember, creativity is key here! The trick is to reimagining retro fonts with a bit of artistry and stylization. Even brands like Spotify has played with retro fonts for their promotional content. If you can do it right, retro fonts can breathe new life to the dull and drab designs.
8. 3D visuals
Ask any website design company in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, and they will tell you that 3D designs have come a long way, thanks to today’s high-resolution screens. Designers are now weaving high-end 3D visuals seamlessly into their website designs. When done right, these design features can add to the overall user experience instead of simply being garish distractions. Even if you are going for minimalist layouts, 3D elements can help to create a bigger and better impression.
9. Preference based designs
Advancement in technology has allowed designers and developers to create more personalized experiences. A personalized experience could be anything, even something as simple as offering the users the option to choose between light and dark mode. If you go a bit further, you can offer various other ways to change the site’s navigation and appearance. This way, every user can choose how they view the content on your website. New algorithms and website design Windsor practices aim toward creating the internet a more user-centric place. In the future, there will be an even bigger focus on meeting the tastes, wants, and needs of the users.
10. Geometric grids
Grids are truly simple. However, they provide a lot of flexibility in terms of how you integrate them into your designs. The use of geometric grids can be super helpful when structuring a layout because they provide a bold and clean look. You can use blocks for both content and navigational elements. Do not put geometric grids in a uniform arrangement. You can also go for asymmetrical geometric grids, but make sure you use lines and squares as the foundation of the layout.
These are the top 10 website design trends that you need to watch out for in 2022. Here at Arjantech Solutions, we adhere to the industry best practices and trends when designing websites. If you are looking for a reliable team of experts to work on your business website, get in touch with us!
- 4045 Seminole St Windsor,
ON N8Y 4W4 Canada
- + 1-222-757-2276