Many times users while performing regular or first time updates come across QuickBooks Error 1712. The QuickBooks Tool Hub can help you address common mistakes.. To use the tool hub, you must first close QuickBooks. Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit, is recommended for the best experience. Now that you know what this problem is all about, it’s time to look into the causes. There are several variables that might cause QuickBooks error 1712, including: The error is usually rooted to the registry errors in the windows or any background application coming and blocking the process of QuickBooks installation. Now that you are reading this blog, you might be facing this error code message 1712. We discuss the probable causes and consequently the steps needed to resolve it.
What is Error 1712 QuickBooks Desktop?
Error 1712 QuickBooks Desktop is the installation error during the QuickBooks desktop installation on the windows. When the error comes out of the blue, QuickBooks error number 1712 might occur during the installation or removal of any program that necessitates a reboot. See if there are any other plausible causes for this problem. the running installation stops and quits unexpectedly and the following error message is displayed. “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712. One or more additional files needed to restore your computer to its earlier state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.”
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Administrator Permissions Needed
Reasons behind the QuickBooks update error 1712
The following are some of the causes leading to the users coming across QuickBooks update error 1712.
- You have another version of QuickBooks installed on the computer that is interrupting the installation of any other version of QuickBooks.
- Windows has registry errors leading to the QuickBooks Error 1712.
- Your Windows account does not have administrative access to the installation.
- Windows do not have the latest updates installed.
Troubleshooting steps to stop seeing the Error code message 1712
Solution 1: use the task manager to end the processes.
- With the help of Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys open the task manager window.
- Right click on QuickBooks 20XX and click on Go to Processes.
- Hit on the End process Button.
- Restart the computer.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Fix Windows Registry Errors using Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Download Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter by Microsoft.
- Double-click the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall. meta file in your computer’s downloads folder.
- Tap the Advanced link on the program window.
- Checkmark the Apply repairs automatically checkbox
- Click on Next option.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs under Installing.
- Click Next and then follow the on screen instructions for completing the repair process.
The troubleshooting steps listed above in the blog not only work for QuickBooks Error 1712 but QuickBooks error 12007 which is rooted to update timeout can also be solved in the same way. If you are unsure of any of the steps, it is advisable to contact the QuickBooks Pro Advisors technical team at 1.855.738.2784 and get the problem solved for the best.
Read also : QuickBooks Payroll Not Working! Ways to Fix it