QuickBooks Desktop has brought a whole new revolution in the accounting world. Not only the individuals but also the small-mid-sized businesses are using QuickBooks Desktop to manage their sales and expenses. However, despite being such a fantastic accounting application, QuickBooks Desktop is not free from errors and technical bugs. One such error is QuickBooks error 15241, which belongs to the 15XXX series errors and generally takes place when a user attempts to update the payroll tax table. An error message suddenly shows up on the computer display stating, “The payroll update did not complete successfully.” Resolving QuickBooks error code 15241 can be complex for many users; however, all it requires is the right troubleshooting guide that we aim to provide you with through this post.
To get immediate troubleshooting assistance to rectify QuickBooks error code 15241, you can talk to our QuickBooks support team at +1-855-856-0042.
You may also read : QuickBooks error 6147
What are the reasons leading to QuickBooks error code 15241?
QuickBooks error code 15241 usually gets triggered when the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is not enabled. Although there are different reasons as well that can cause it, such as:
- Outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
How to get rid of QuickBooks error 15241 with safety?
Solution 1) Manually start the QuickBooks File Copy Service
- If QuickBooks Desktop is running, exit it.
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click Computer and select Manage from the given options.
- From the left pane, select Services and Applications.
- Double-click Services (given at the right pane).
- Look for Intuit QuickBooks FCS and double-click it.
- On the General tab, select the Startup type menu.
- Select Manual from the given options.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Select the Start button and then the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to update the payroll tax table.
If you fail to get over QuickBooks error 15241, proceed to the second solution.
Solution 2) Manually update QuickBooks Desktop to the present-day release
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Windows Start button.
- Search for “QuickBooks Desktop” and right-click on its icon.
- From the given options, select Run as administrator.
- On the No Company Open window, navigate to the Help menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the Options tab and select Mark All.
- Click on the Save button.
- Click on the Update Now tab and checkmark the checkbox for Reset Update.
- Select the Get Updates button.
- When the downloading of the latest updates available for your QuickBooks is done, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and select Yes to install the downloaded updates.
- Restart your computer.
- Check whether you are able to download the latest payroll tax table updates now.
If you are still unable to update payroll because of QuickBooks error 15241, then there are high chances that Windows Firewall is interrupting QuickBooks Desktop and preventing it from connecting to the internet. Hence, our advice for you is to configure the Windows Firewall settings for QuickBooks and then try to update payroll. For additional troubleshooting help to fix QuickBooks error code 15241, you can contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
Read more : QuickBooks Error 6094