Disconnection of the graphic card and the motherboard
- RAM Not seated correctly
- Dead screen Inverter
- Operation system upgrade
Hard reset your laptop
It could be that your laptop’s screen is not turning on because of a hardware problem.
- Turn off your HP laptop or desktop.
- Disconnect any hard drive, battery or peripheral device.
- Hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds, then release.
- Plug the charger into your laptop and connect the battery.
- Reboot your system to see if it is fixed.
Upgrading your Graphics Driver
An outdated or missing graphics card driver can often cause a black screen on your HP laptop.
Disable Fast Startup
To fix the HP blackscreen issue, disable fast startup. But, you can still turn your computer on. This can lead to system performance issues such as black screens at startup.
- Press Windows + X together to open the quick menu. Select Control Panel.
- Select Power Options from the dropdown list and then click Choose which power buttons do this’ on the next page.
- Open a new window called “System Setting”. To open the administrative setting “Change settings currently unavailable”, click
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- Reboot the computer to see if the problem has been resolved.
You can check your monitor on another computer
Modern monitors have a self-diagnostic function. If the monitor stops receiving signals from the computer, it will display a message. You can then try another monitor.
2. Hear a Beep Sound
When the computer is turned on, it may make a beeping sound. This could be a sign that the card, cable, memory module, or processor in your computer is loose.
Can you hear the fan noises coming out of your computer? It could be that your computer is not turning on.
3. Check the Monitor’s Cable
This may seem like the most obvious issue, but it’s often overlooked. Check for bent pins or damage to the exterior insulation.
4. Change the BIOS to
You don’t need to see the screen.
- Press repeatedly for 8 seconds after your computer turns on or restarts.
- Click the Down Arrow three times.
- Next press to enter2 two times.
- The computer will reboot. If the monitor is still blank, it may not turn on.
- Download the most recent Graphics Drivers
It could be your graphics card if the monitor is connected to another computer. You might also need to update your drivers.
A laptop that won’t turn on when it needs to is frustrating. Using the internet for work or study has become an integral part our lives.
It is important to embrace the norm and have a device that works. This is why our HP laptop has been so practical.
Popular blog – HP Printer Not Printing
We’re here to help you navigate this confusing list of errors and make sure you don’t feel overwhelmed. Your laptop will be running again in no time with our assistance.