Are you feeling exasperated due to QuickBooks Error Code 6130 and are unable to resolve this Error? Don’t feel irked as this article shall assist you towards resolving the issue within minutes. QuickBooks Error Code 6130 is often encountered in QuickBooks when the company file which you are trying to access is either unavailable or is corrupted. There can be a plethora of other reasons which can incite this Error Code.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
QuickBooks 6130 error can be emboldened due to various reasons. The principal factors which incite this Error Code are mentioned as follows:
- The file which you are attempting to gain access to is damaged.
- Corrupted Windows Registry Files.
- Firewall or some security software running in the background obstructing network access to QuickBooks
- Poor Internet connectivity.
- File associated with QuickBooks software are either corrupted or the QuickBooks software hasn’t been installed properly.
4 Advanced Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6130
Having gone through the potential reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6130, go through the viable methods mentioned below to get rid of this error, once for all.
Method 1: Repairing your Windows Registries
Damaged or Corrupted Registry files can be a potential reason behind Error Code 6130. In order to Repair your Windows Registries, go through the following walkthrough:
- Press the ‘Windows+R’ keys simultaneously. The Run Window pops up.
- Type ‘regedit’ and click on ‘OK’.
- Subsequently, you are required to navigate into the ‘file’ menu and click on the ‘export’ tab.
- Navigate to ‘Save In’ list and choose the destination where you want to save the QuickBooks key.
- Now in the box titled ‘Export Range’ and make an assurance that the branch is selected.
- Once you are done, click on ‘Save’ tab.
- You have saved the specified file in the .reg (registry file extension) format.
Once done, revisit QuickBooks to check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 2: Conforming to disk Cleanup
Unwanted junk files can be one of the causative agents for QuickBooks Error message 6130. In order to clear the system junk, you are required to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Press the ‘Windows+R’ keys simultaneously.
- Type ‘cleanmgr’ command and Click on ‘OK’.
- The disk cleanup Window pops up.
- Select the drive you want to clean and click on ‘OK’.
Once the cleanup process concludes, restart your computer and open QuickBooks software to inspect whether the problem has been resolved.
Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks software
Follow the below mentioned steps to uninstall QuickBooks software.
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and go to ‘Programs and Features’.
- Locate the QuickBooks software and click on ‘Uninstall’ tab.
- Once uninstalled, reinstall the QuickBooks software properly.
Method 4: Renaming the .ND and .TLG files
The configuration files with the extension .ND and .TLG allow QuickBooks to gain access to the Company’s files. Renaming these files can be a viable solution towards fixing the error code 6130.
In order to rename these files, perform the following steps
- Access the folder that contains your company files.
- Search for the .ND and .TLG files having the same name as the files against which you are getting the error code 6130
- Rename the file and add an extension “.old” towards the end of the file name.
Once done, restart QuickBooks software and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
We hope that the aforementioned walkthrough guided you towards resolving the QuickBooks enterprise error code 6130. In case the problem still persists, we recommend you to get in contact with QuickBooks error support team by dialing 1-800-615-2347.
Read more articles: TOP 10 WEBSITE DESIGN TRENDS YOU SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR IN 2022