If you are a big fan of Indian curries, then you probably have many times spilled turmeric powder on the carpet. You have been wondering how to remove turmeric stains from carpet. If your carpet is white, you can see that the turmeric stains have turned it yellow. You wonder how to remove turmeric stains from white carpet. Remove Turmeric stains are notoriously tough from carpets because of their vibrant yellow color, but it is possible to remove these stains with the right products. Stain Cleaning promptly will prevent the spots and stains from setting, which will make removal much easier.
These Are Some Steps To follow To Remove Turmeric Stains From Carpet:
1. Use a sponge to blot up as much of the turmeric stain as possible.
2. Mix a solution of 1 cup of ammonia and 1/2 cup of water.
3. Soak a paper towel in the solution (you may need to use more than one) and blot the turmeric stain.
4. If any stain remains, use a small amount of liquid laundry detergent and blot it into the carpeting. Allow it to sit for about half an hour and then rinse it out with cold water.
5. Repeat Steps 2-4 until all of the turmeric stain has been removed from your carpeting.
6. Blot up any moisture with a clean paper towel and allow the carpet to dry completely before walking on it again.
The following are some tips on how to remove turmeric stains from carpet:
Tip 1. Use an iron remover product
If you have an iron remover product, use it to remove the stain immediately. Iron remover products work by breaking the bond between the iron and the fibers in the carpet. Once the iron is broken bonds, it can be easily lifted up with a vacuum cleaner. If you do not have an iron remover product available, you can sprinkle salt over the area and allow it to sit for about five minutes before vacuuming up the salt and turmeric stain from your carpet.
Tip 2. Use a cotton swab
To absorb turmeric stain as soon as possible. If you ever spill turmeric on your carpet, immediately use a damp cotton swab or a paper towel to absorb the stain. If it is too late, you should wait until the stain dries completely, then vacuum it off the carpet.
Tip 3. Use a soap and water solution
Pour hand soap or dish detergent directly on the turmeric stain and rub it into the carpet with a sponge or rag. Then place paper towels over the area and pour hot water over them. You should always try to clean any type of stain as soon as possible because if you let it sit for too long it will become much harder to clean. The first thing that you should do is pour an ample amount of plain soap over the stain area and then use your fingers or a brush to work the soap into the carpet fibers.
TIP 4: Apply bleach
After leaving it for 5-10 minutes, apply bleach directly on turmeric stain. You can also mix baking soda and water to make a paste, then apply it onto the stained area.
TIP 5: Use white toothpaste
To remove turmeric stain from carpet. Simply dab some white toothpaste onto the sticky area then brush gently but firmly in circular motion.
To get professional help, you can contact us.