There are many ways to clean a floor so that it is shiny; traditionally many types of products are used, ranging from specialized chemicals to utensils that can be found at home, such as vinegar, cotton, or even toothpaste.
Traditional methods for cleaning floors
There are ways to clean floors with common products, for example:
- To clean tile floors, you can use warm water and a little chlorine water and then clean with cotton.
- For ceramic floors, we recommend cleaning with warm water and white vinegar.
- To remove shoe stains on vinyl floors, toothpaste is sometimes used and then mopped with warm water.
- For hardwood floors use vinegar with water when mopping.
- When oil falls on the floor, it is advisable to clean it first with paper, then add detergent and let it settle before removing it and mopping it.
All the above are very valid options, and perhaps in small spaces such as businesses with a not-so-large area and houses or apartments, it works very well.
Traditional methods may harm the worker of whoever is to clean (even more powerful chemical products that are not homemade are used).
Another problem that these practices can generate in business is that you invest a lot in cleaning products or chemicals (in the long run it can represent a significant expense). And it also reduces the productivity of collaborators who are not related to cleaning, since we spend more time on it.
To clean the floors well, it is better to opt for automation.
To clean floors and make them shine, opt for process automation, especially when your business requires that floor maintenance be a daily priority to guarantee the safety of visitors and employees.
Opting for optimization is thinking about investing in professional cleaning equipment. To wash floors you would then need a scrubber, a floor extractor, a buffer, and a polisher.
Each of the aforementioned teams can help you solve different needs on different floors.
- The scrubbers will help you wash and scrub all the stains that are on the floors.
- The extractor will help you remove dust and remove stains from floors with carpets or upholstery.
- A polisher will remove imperfections from the floor and return them to their original state.
- The polisher will give it the shine so that it looks sparkling at all times.
Should you invest in all the professional cleaning equipment to keep your floors clean?
No, you must choose the one that best suits the needs of your business. If you don’t have carpets or upholstery, your floors do not need to be shiny every day.
The essential equipment that you must have to keep your floors clean is the scrubber because with it you can optimize time, improve productivity, and make the cleaners do everything faster and more efficiently.
We invite you to see all the professional cleaning teams we have, and also to continue reading and learning a little more about what we offer at SCS Group
- How to choose a professional scrubber for a shopping center?
- Aspects that you should consider when buying professional cleaning equipment