Known for its reliability and high efficiency, QuickBooks Desktop is now used by hundreds and thousands of companies all over the world. The features and tools that QuickBooks provides its users which can manage several bookkeeping activities, including payroll, generating financial reports, and completing tax forms. However, just like with other accounting applications, using QuickBooks is not free from errors and bugs. In recent days, we have been noticing many users receiving QuickBooks error 6123 when trying to open, upgrade, or restore their company files in QuickBooks Desktop. We understand how frustrating it can be for users when they need to do some urgent work but can’t even connect to the company data. Make sure to read this post until the end to know why error 6123 arises and how you can get over it.
A user might see an error message of the error code stating,
“We’re sorry, QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
Looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to rectify QuickBooks error 6123? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical experts at 1.800.579.0391.
What can be the reasons triggering QuickBooks error code 6123?
Usually, QuickBooks error code 6123 gets triggered when there are some issues with the company file, like data corruption or the wrong extension. Although, there can be other reasons also, like as follows:
- Any corrupt QuickBooks program file.
What are the best ways to rectify QuickBooks error 6123?
Solution 1) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Go to Intuit’s official website, look for QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (126.96.36.199) and get it on the computer.
- Select the setup file you downloaded with the name QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Finish the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub by accepting the terms and conditions.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Choose the Company File Issues tab at the left pane of the window.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Choose the Browse and search button to find and select the company file.
- Select the Check your file option (middle one) and then click on the Continue button.
- Type in the QuickBooks admin password as prompted and select the Continue button.
- When the tool finishes fixing the company file, select the company name from the list, and click on the Open button.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error H202
Solution 2) Run the Quick Fix my Program tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- Select the Program Problems tab at the left pane of the window.
- Click on the Quick Fix my Program button to run the tool.
- Once the tool is finished fixing the program files, reboot the computer.
Solution 3) Restore a backup copy of the company file in QuickBooks Desktop
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Desktop to open the application.
- Choose the File menu (located at the uppermost menu bar).
- From the drop-down list, select the Open or Restore Company option.
- Choose the Restore a backup copy option and then click on the Next button.
- Select the Local Backup option and then click on the Next button.
- Navigate to the location where the backup copy of the company file is stored and select the .QBB file.
- Choose a folder to store the restored company file and then click on the Open button.
- Once you are done following the aforementioned steps, select the Save button.
If QuickBooks Error 6123 still occurs even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there might be some issues with the backup company file. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to recover the company file using the auto data recovery feature of QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the company file error, feel free to get in touch with our professional technical team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.
This article write on – Articleft.