The term ‘stack’ is generally referring to the blending of programming languages, tools, and technologies. A stack can be classified into two categories, application stack and technology stack. MERN stack and MEAN stack are the two popular technology stacks that are needed to run an application. It comprises a set of tools and frameworks that can be useful to develop well-performing software. So, if you are about whether to choose MERN or MEAN stack technology to build your next project, let’s read the blog that concentrates on discussing two popular technology stacks by focusing on their functionalities and differences. Moreover, you also have to acquire the basic knowledge about MERN and MEAN developers before you Hire MERN Stack Developers or MEAN Stack Developers to handle your project.
A Brief Overview of MERN Stack:
MERN Stack is an acronym made up of a set of effective technologies such as MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js. If you hire MEAN stack developers they can efficiently build web and mobile applications using standard processes and abilities using the MERN technology stack. As you have already come to know that MERN stack comprises React.js, thus it ensures the best UI layer abstraction. It speeds up code development with the help of its collection of dynamic user interfaces available within the library. In addition, the MERN stack proves to be the best in controlling and updating dynamic JSON data that can easily navigate between the frontend and the backend. Let’s dive deep into each of the components of the MERN stack.
MongoDB is a document database that is mainly used to build highly scalable internet applications. It is because MongoDB is featured with a flexible schema approach, which is one of the popular Agile methodologies. The most important feature that makes MongoDB one among the developers is that it allows a developer to start building applications immediately without spending much time configuring. Thus MongoDB always focuses on providing developers with an excellent user experience along with its other properties and thus has emerged as a favorite and widely used database among the developers.
Express.js is both a free and open-source web app application framework that is mainly used for designing and building a web application in the very easiest way. In addition, Express.js is lightweight and helps developers to organize web applications on the server-side into a more organized MVC architecture. So, if you are looking for the best technology stack to build an exclusive web application, you can opt for the MERN stack as it comprises Express.js which is known for its simplicity, flexibility, and scalability.
Node.js focuses on using non-blocking, event-driven I/O s that remains lightweight and efficient. Thus, Node.js plays a critical role in the technology stack used by large companies.
What Are the Advantages of Choosing MERN Stack?
- MERN stack is an open-source technology
- There are several free templates available for the MERN stack is online
- MERN stack allows developers to build and fast scalable app
- It is easy to use
- that allows the developers to use single-code for both the front-end and back-end development
- It offers a native experience to the users
A Brief Overview of MEAN Stack:
As you have already come to know about MongoDB in MERN stack, let’s discuss how it helps MEAN stake to become acceptable. MongoDB stores high volumes of data using documents and collection. It also helps data to save in the binary JSON format and extends cloud functionalities.
It is a backend web application framework for APIs that are responsible for building single-page, multi-page and hybrid-page applications.
It is an effective framework to structure the web and business applications with ease.
It helps develop networking and server-side applications. It also forms web frameworks for I/O-based web applications.
What Are the Advantages of Choosing MEAN Stack?
- It allows the developers to directly deploy the apps to the server
- that offers high versatility
- It is efficient enough to develop an MVP quickly
- It is a cost-effective solution
- The uses a single programming language
MEAN V/S MERN: A Detailed Comparison
Before you choose Between MERN Stack and MEAN stack, you must know about the basic differences between the two. Though there are several similarities between the two, such as both of them use MongoDB, Express.js, and Node.js, but still they differ on some points.
- Learning Curve: Though there is not much difference between the learning curve of MERN and MEAN as they both use Node.js, MongoDB, and Express.js. The only difference is that Angular.js in MEAN attack utilizes templates and Typescript which has a steeper learning curve as compared to the React.js of the MERN stack.
- Data Flow: While working on a small project, the MEAN stack can help you more as Angular provides bidirectional data binding which is a more efficient method than React in MERN.
- Third-Party Support: MERN demands additional configuration, MEAN can handle third-party extensions in a plug-and-play way.
- Managing & Upgrading the Code: Angular is no doubt a complete framework that allows the MEAN stack to handle and upgrade the code easily. Moreover, Angular can better assist the MVC architecture as compared to React in MERN.
- Mobile App Development: Angular can deliver hybrid mobile applications. But it let down the native user experience. But, here React.js proves to be better as it provides an almost native-user experience.
- Testing: Angular and React also differ in in-app testing. Angular is easy to test. Developers can test Angular only by using one tool like Jasmine. But testing the Reach app is not that easy, it requires employing many tools.
- Security: When it comes to security factors, MERN is a better option than MEAN. MERN provides top-class security.
- MVC Support: While developing an enterprise app, you must need a complete architecture. Here MEAN stack proves to be the best. It is because MEAN will help you to receive the assistance of the MVC architecture.
What Are the Advantages of Hiring MERN Stack Developers?
Below mentioned are the few advantages to Hire MERN Stack Developers:
- MERN stack developers can enhance their expertise by implementing design thinking.
- They can handle full-fledged development in less time.
- They mainly focus on improvising solutions.
What Are the Advantages of Hiring MEAN Stack Developers?
Now look at the advantages of hiring MEAN developers:
- If you want to speed up your app development process, you must have to Hire Mean Stack Developers.
- They maintain a smooth development process by including MVC architecture.
- They work with the latest technologies and utilize the frameworks in such an effective way so that they can popular plugins.
Things to Consider While Choosing the Right Stack between MERN V/S MEAN for Your Business?
MEAN and MERN both prove to be reliable frameworks that help developers to build a complex web app, but there are some of the major differences that mainly lie in its structure. So, if you are in dilemma whether to Hire MEAN Stack Developers or Hire MERN Stack Developers to build your business app, it is recommended to consider some factors such as:
- Project Requirements: Before you choose the right stack, you must have to analyze your project requirement so that you can check which is efficient enough to suit your project requirements.
- Latest Practices: Make sure you introduce such an Agile development practice that can help you to experience a custom-driven market.
- Flexibility: Before you choose the suitable stack for your business between MERN or MEAN, make sure you note the differences between database architecture and software solutions so that you can maintain the flexibility of app development.
- Cost: Before you choose between the MERN and MEAN, you have to consider your budget. You have to identify different cost-effective methods for the development process.
There is no denying the fact that MEAN and MERN both are efficient enough for app development as they offer almost similar functionalities. So, if you are looking to build your business app, look at your business requirements, demands, your specific industry, and other important factors before you Hire Dedicated Developers no matter whether you choose MERN or MEAN developers.