Psoriasis is gradually becoming a common skin disorder in Pakistan because most people are unaware of the best psoriasis treatment. This skin condition is characterized by flaky and scaly skin due to the excessive production of skin cells. As dry skin is its dominant symptom, many people get confused between dry skin and psoriasis skin condition. Therefore, they end up using only rich emollient moisturizer as the best treatment. However, new psoriasis treatment products are now coming to the online market from amazon in Pakistan.
These products help soothe the skin condition while preventing it from reoccurring. When you start searching for psoriasis treatment online shopping in Pakistan, you will find a long slew of options. You will need to pick the right product as per the severity and type of skin disorder. Do not worry, as we get your back by providing full-fledged knowledge about this skin disorder and treatment. Before heading towards Amazon shopping in Pakistan, you should find and identify the type, symptoms, and cause. So let us explain them to you.
Types of psoriasis and symptoms:
The generic symptoms of his skin disorder include inflamed skin, dry patches, soreness around dry patches, burning feeling, skin itching, a whitish plague on the skin, and painful joints. These symptoms are common among all types, but skin areas may change in different types. The dominant types are as follows:
- Plaque psoriasis is the common one that causes dry, red, and inflamed patches on the skin. These patches are mostly concealed with whitish or silvery flakes that made skin scaly. It is mostly found on the knees, lower back, scalp, and elbow.
- Pustular psoriasis is a rare form in which pus-filled patches appear on different areas of the body. It usually appears on the hand’s palm or feet’s sole.
- Guttate psoriasis is characterized by small, scaly, and drip-shaped patches on the body, arms, and legs. It is usually found in young adults and children after severe bacterial infection, i.e. strep throat.
- Pustular psoriasis is found with the symptoms of a pus-filled blister, red patches, and swollen skin. It usually appears on small areas of the body e.g. hands and feet.
- Inverse psoriasis appears on folded areas of the body, such as armpits, under the breast, around the genital area, or in the groin. It causes soreness, redness, and flaky skin.
It is a chronic inflammatory disorder that arises as an immune system problem. It causes the skin to produce more skin cells at a faster pace. Therefore, the excessive skin cell starts appearing in the form of flakiness, scales, and dryness. The cause of this skin disorder is both environmental and genetic, but it is not transmissible. The skin condition can worsen due to bacterial skin infection, stress, smoking, medication, dry weather, or alcohol consumption. However, you can control the severity of your skin condition with the right psoriasis treatment products.
Psoriasis Treatment Diet
As per research and studies, some food items can reduce the harshness of this skin disorder. According to experts, a less fat and more protein-based diet can benefit people with psoriasis. If one can follow the best diet, he or she can treat psoriasis through diet. Here is a brief list of what to eat and what to avoid.
Food to have:
- Anti-inflammatory fruits and vegetables, such as leafy veggies, broccoli, berries, kale, grapes, and dark fruits
- Fatty fishes, including salmon, cod, trout, and sardines
- Heart benefited oils, such as coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, and flaxseed oil.
Food to avoid:
- Red meat, such as beef, bacon, sausage, etc.,
- Gluten based food such as wheat, rye, barley, beer, malt, and some processed food
- Nightshade plants, such as tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, and peppers
Best Psoriasis Treatment
There are different ways of psoriasis treatments available ranging from topical treatment to laser treatments. However, most people prefer using topical or over-the-counter treatments because they are economical and easier. Here we enlist some options that you can opt for reducing acute to moderate psoriasis.
- Psoriasis treatment cream: Many medicated ointments and creams contain mild steroids and soothing ingredients that work to pacify the immune cell. The steroid creams help reduce soreness and redness to improve the overall skin condition. However, steroid-based formulas are not suitable for the face, genital area, or any sensitive skin part.
- Psoriasis treatment shampoos: If you are searching for psoriasis scalp treatment, you can rely on medicated shampoo and conditioner for psoriasis. They mostly contain coal tar, aloe, vitamin E, salicylic acid, and other soothing ingredients that control scalp scaling and flakiness. Moreover, it can also prevent it from worsening.
- Psoriasis Lotion: There are some rich emollient lotions, formulated to provide sufficient moisture to dry and scaly skin. It usually contains coal tar, oatmeal, ceramides, and other hydrating ingredients that help heal the flaky and inflamed skin.
- Psoriasis body washes: To keep the body hydrated, clean, and smooth, you need to add the best body wash to your daily routine. You can find psoriasis soap, body washes, and cleansers that dedicated to soothe the raised and inflamed skin during the cleansing. The hydrating ingredients in the formula make skin moisturized, soft, and supple after a shower.
If psoriasis does not clear after the topical products, then the dermatologist will suggest the psoriasis treatment injection, oral medicines, and light therapies. Some of these options are as follows:
- Light therapies: Dermatologists usually recommend to people who have moderate to severe skin disorders. It involves exposure to the standard amount and potency of light for phototherapy. There are different options, such as heliotherapy, UVB broadband, UVA narrowband, Psoralen plus ultraviolet A, and Excimer laser.
- Oral medicines: There are also systematic drugs available that treat this skin condition from within. Some famous drugs include Steroids, Retinoids, Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Biologics, hydroxyurea, and Thioguanine. One should ask their doctor for prescribing the medicine to treat the skin condition because the wrong dose or drug can worsen the condition.
- Injected medicines: People who cannot take the drug orally can inject them to treat a severe skin condition. However, it is the least common, but many people consider them quick and effective for psoriasis relief.
Hopefully, you have understood how you can cure or improve the condition of this skin disorder. We still recommend you consult the dermatologist for an effective prescription because the only doctor knows well which treatment suits your skin condition.