An escape room is a theme-based room where a team of players is locked in, and their mission is to solve puzzles, decode clues, and find hints to find their way out of the room within a given time period (usually 60 minutes). This activity has remained pretty popular in Eastern Asia and Europe for a long time; the rest of the world has caught up to this trend.
While the pandemic put an abrupt stop to the growth of breakout escape rooms in all parts of the world, the escape industry pushed virtual escape rooms to the forefront to cope with the changing times. An impressive course of evolution followed, and virtual escape rooms reached generation 4 with live-actor-enabled movie-styled experiences.
Today, even with the social distancing rules getting lapse, people seem to prefer virtual escape rooms more than physical ones just because of the convenience and the variety. Let’s take a look at some of the top virtual online escape room games that have the world hooked currently:
- Murder in Ancient Egypt by Team building
Plot: You are a team of detectives in Egypt, ready to solve a mysterious historical murder. Can you find your way out on time?
- Participants allowed: 9-300+
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Requirements: A reliable net connection, PC, or a laptop with a camera.
The Grimm Escape by Puzzle Break
Plot: A witch has cursed the enchanted forest. There are a series of puzzles that have to be solved in one hour to lift the curse. Are you ready to be a hero of this fantasy world?
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: $25 per person.
- Requirement: A pc or laptop with reliable net connection and Zoom.
Nancy Drew Virtual Escape Room by Mystery Escape Room
Plot: Are you a fan of Nancy Drew? Then this virtual escape room is just the right recipe for you! You are going to the fancy, mysterious, and posh English Forsyth Mansion. Crime is afoot here. Are you ready to play the most intelligent female detective in fiction?
- Duration: 60 Minute
- Price: $10.00 Per Person
- Age: 10+
- Players allowed: 8
- Requirement: Laptop, Desktop, or Chromebooks with Webcam, Microphone, and Access to a reliable Internet connection.
- Highlight- The hallways and the hidden rooms of Forsyth Mansion are brought into life from the series Adventures of Nancy Drew.
Trapped by Breakout Escape Rooms
Plot: You are a team of investigative Journalists. One of your teammates is thrown into an old army bunker by someone. The oxygen and electricity supply is limited there. If you don’t help him to get out of the place, he might even die inside the bunker. Can you figure out a way to get him out?
- Players allowed: 4-12
- Price: 550+ taxes
- Duration: 50 minutes.
- Requirement: PC, laptop, or smartphone with camera, zoom, and reliable internet connection.
Climate Change Challenge
Plot: Do you think you can fight against monsters? They are not fictional anymore! Monsters are causing global warming and making all of us suffer from it. You have 60 minutes to chop its heads off and stop climate change!
- Players allowed: 5-500
- Price: £469/$649
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Requirement: Earphones or headphones, internet browser, video call software, PC or laptop with a camera and reliable Internet connection.
Modern Genius Escape Game
Plot: Ilan Tusk, a crazy millionaire, has vanished using a teleportation device that he invented. Now there is no sign of him. As per his AI Butler Alfred, a team has to get into his mansion and solve several inventors’ puzzles on the way. Are you ready to follow Mr. Tusk’s lead and figure a way to bring him back?
Note: You get rewarded if the mission is successful.
- Players allowed: 3-5
- Price: $49
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Requirement:- PC or laptop with a camera and reliable Internet connection, earphones or headphones, Internet browser, video conferencing software.
Space Escape by The Escape Game
Plot: Your team of astronauts is inside a spaceship that has some parts of it malfunctioning. You are missing earth and craving to come back. In your efforts to fix the ship, each one of you gets trapped in separate parts of it. Even each of your monitors is showing different visuals. Will you be able to fix the spaceship and escape on time?
Note: Teamwork is crucial to get out of there.
- Participants allowed: 3-500.
- Price: £34/ $48 per person
- Duration: 1 hour
- Requirements: Earphones and the updated version of Google Chrome, a communication app that you like, and a laptop or PC that is connected to a reliable net connection.
- Highlights:- You can choose and play the role of a captain, engineer, spacewalker, scientist, or pilot. Live your team space dream!
These are only a glimpse of the iceberg in terms of all the fascinating escape rooms games you can find online. All of these games are equally engaging and immersive based on distinctive storylines. All you need to do is pick the one that intrigues your interests the most and get ready for a unique experience that you will cherish for a lifetime!