Globally, the number of coronavirus cases has exceeded and the ever-increasing cases have created panic among people across the world. Health experts are urging people to remain calm and follow established precautionary measures to avoid coronavirus. But the way headlines are pouring in from everywhere about the coronavirus, people are feeling stressed. Apart from this, the rumours spread on social media about Corona are disturbing people mentally. You may also be getting a lot of unwanted advice and suggestions from the people around you. All of these can create fear and stress. Therefore, the most important thing right now is to reduce mental stress in any way. In this case, yoga can be a great way to reduce stress in both body and mind. Let us know about some such yoga asanas, with the help of which you can calm yourself.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 200 hour yoga teacher training in bali.
Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
This pose will focus your mind on one point, which can be a great way to curb stress to an extent. In addition, it helps reduce stiffness in the shoulders and hips, which can lead to tension and stress. This is a very good yoga for those who are doing work from home in the time of coronavirus. While it can cure pain in the shoulders and hips, it can also give a different peace to the mind.
- Stand straight on the yoga mat.
- Slowly bend the right knee down.
- Try to wrap the left leg around the right leg, the heels of the feet will come on top of each other.
- Raise both hands to shoulder height.
- Wrap the right hand around the left.
- During this, your elbows will remain bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Keeping the balance, slowly bring the hips down.
- Stay in this position for -15-30 seconds, breathing deeply and slowly in and out.
- Now close your eyes and try to focus on the third eye.
- Say it, again and again, to throw negative thoughts away from your mind.
- Slowly come back to normal position.
Reclined Bound Angle Pose (Supta Konasana)
It can help stretch the hips, inner thighs, and waist. When we are sitting in one place, then even this Supta Konasana can save us from physical and mental stress. This is a great exercise to relieve the tension present in the hips and pelvis. At the same time, you can also do it in between work, so that the thighs get relaxation from this asana. The practice of this asana is beneficial in case of pain and fatigue in the legs.
- Lie down on your back in the posture of Shavasana.
- Keep the arms stretched on both sides of the body in the direction of the feet and in this position the palms should remain in the direction of the ceiling.
- Bend the knees and keep the soles on the ground.
- Bringing both the soles close to each other in the posture of Namaskar, bring them to the ground, bringing the ankles as close to the thigh as possible.
- Then stay in this posture for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then press both the thighs with hands.
- Then slowly return to the normal position.