QuickBooks is a dynamic application with the most significant features that helps users perform various accounting activities. Despite this, it interrupts users with various technical glitches. Here, in this blog, we will talk about QuickBooks error 15215 that arises when a user tries to download the latest payroll update. On the occurrence of the error,” Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature,“ message shows up on the screen. It usually occurs when the digital signature feature of Internet Explorer stops working. To get detailed information on QuickBooks Desktop error 15215, continue reading the blog until the end.
If you are facing any difficulty fixing QuickBooks error 15215, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430
Main causes of QuickBooks Desktop error 15215
A conflict with another application while downloading the update is the leading cause of payroll error 15215. Some other reasons that prompt the error are listed below:
1. Some other programs with a lot of bandwidth prevent QuickBooks from connecting to the server.
2. Windows firewall is obstructing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from connecting to the server.
To resolve the issue, follow the troubleshooting solution given in the next section.
You may also read this step by step guide to fix QuickBooks error 15271
Key Points to Fix QuickBooks update error 15215
Solution 1. Allow QuickBooks to run as administrator
1. Make sure company data files are closed and then exit QuickBooks.
2. Locate the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click it.
3. Choose Run as administrator.
4. When “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?” message appears, click Yes.
If the error fails to disappear, try the next one.
Solution 2. Turn your device to Selective startup mode and then start Windows
1. Tap the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run window.
2. Within the Run dialog box, type MSConfig and click OK.
3. When the System Configuration Utility window appears, mark the Selective Startup option.
4. Uncheck the Load Startup Items option and click OK to save the changes.
5. If prompted, restart your computer and then run QuickBooks.
6. Get the latest tax table update.
7. Move to the System Configuration Utility window and select Normal Startup.
8. Click OK and restart your device.
If the error persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Modify the settings of Internet Explorer
1. Close all company data files and then quit QuickBooks.
2. Open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu.
3. Choose Internet Options and go to the Advanced tab.
4. Move to the Settings section, uncheck the Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
5. Mark the Use TLS 1.0 checkbox, click OK to save the changes.
6. Close the Internet Explorer window and restart your device.
7. Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and download the QuickBooks payroll update again.
If the QuickBooks error 15215 fails to resolve even after following the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog, get direct assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number +1 800-579-9430.
Read this Article to resolve QuickBooks error 15276
Related article : The Correct way to Deal with QuickBooks Error 6147