QuickBooks is a versatile online application used regularly by the accounting industry to maintain their vapid financial works safely. Along with multiple features, it provides a smooth user interface to enjoy the working process. In some instances, this smooth experience might get interrupted by errors like QuickBooks Error 3371.
QuickBooks Error 3371 arises when the user is trying to log into the QuickBooks account from a new device with an old license. The error message prompts as “Could not recognize the license properties. Error 3371 – this might be caused due to missing or damaged files.” To understand QuickBooks Error 3371 in detail, follow this blog till the end. However, if you need additional help, you can contact our support team for guidance.
Possible Factors Triggering Error 3371
Error 3371 may pop up on the screen due to various factors such as:
- Damaged MSXML Component: It is important Microsoft component is required to access the QuickBooks registration.dat file to verify QuickBooks registration. If missing, QuickBooks may not validate the license.
- Missing QuickBooks Registration.dat File: QuickBooks Registration File contains the registration information of the user which is required to validate the license when the user tries to access an old account from a new device.
- Outdated Windows Operating System: You may be interrupted by errors if your operating system is not updated which can further cause delays in important works.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6143
Symptoms of 3371 Error in QuickBooks
Here’s a list of a few symptoms that you will see when error 3371 arises in the QuickBooks application:
- The Windows starts to respond slowly.
- QuickBooks application along with its various features stops to respond.
- The desktop freezes and unexpectedly shuts down.
Fixing Error 3371 in the QuickBooks Application
Now that we have learned what might happen when the 3371 error unexpectedly conquers the QuickBooks application, let’s look at the step-by-step procedure to resolve this error.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application. Go to My computers from the desktop screen and open QuickBooks Folder.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and agree to the terms and conditions. Follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Open the QuickBooks application and on the left panel select the Installation Issues option. Click on Error 3371 and choose Repair
- The Tool Hub shall automatically repair the issue on your computer after which you can try to access the QuickBooks application again to check if the error is completely repaired.
Method 2: Fix the Damaged QuickBooks registration.dat file
- Open the task manager to search for the ‘QBW32.exe’ file under the Process tab. Right file on the file and choose End Process. On the confirmation box, hit OK.
- Now open Run windows and search for Intuit’s Program File. Search for EntitlementDataStore.ecml file in the Programs Folder and delete it. Hit Confirm on the Confirmation box.
- Now try accessing the online QuickBooks application again.
QuickBooks Error 3371 can not only cause a delay in your work but can also cause harmful effects on the computer. Therefore, we have tried to club together all the important information related to this error in this blog. You can understand the reasons and apply the methods elaborated above to fix this error completely. If you get stuck at some point or you have any queries, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 for assistance.